Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's Been WAY too long!

Well, as the title suggests, it has been way too long since I last updated my blog. I'm pretty sure not many people read this but, I started this so that my family would be able to see what was going on in my Northern Michigan life and clearly, I have failed! I am going to attempt to get back on track!

I am sitting on my couch in my new house as I write this. This house is AWESOME! My roommate and I have lived here almost a week and, I could not feel more "at home". It is owned by a woman who works at camp with me and she has really kept this house up well, which makes it feel that much more like a real home. I love it so much I have even thought about making a vide
o tour of it, like Cribs on MTV, so everyone can see it. However, I also think people should just come visit to see it!


Since my last post, other than moving, summer ended, life has slightly slowed down, and I have started an EMT class in Traverse City twice a week. Summer was great. It gave me a good balance of challenges as well as smooth, easy days. I learned so much and, lots and lots of kids gave their lives to Christ. I could not complain one bit. Now that summer is over and we are settling into the swing of school season camping, life has slowed do
wn a bit. It feels nice getting to camp at 8am and leaving at 4:30. I believe my mind and body are still recovering from the summer so getting some rest is exactly what I need. The EMT class may be the highlight of my week. I have always loved medicine but never pursued anything related to it until now. I am going to start riding with Missaukee County EMS in Lake City, and I can't wait! The people in my class are characters to say the least which just makes class all the more fun.

My goal for the day is to unpack and finally settle into this house as well as study for class. I love having homework! While I know I have a HUGE purpose at camp, homework is a tangible task that gives me purpose.
I miss that.

Anyway, I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures I took this summer. It was taken while I was driving back to Michigan from
Virginia after Justin and Katie's wedding. Yes, my mirror is a bit dirty but, you get the picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment